The Alberta Prosperity Project (Central Team), the campaign arm of the Alberta Prosperity Society, is looking for a Campaign Manager to run a campaign for a referendum on Alberta sovereignty. A successful referendum on Alberta sovereignty does not necessarily mean that Alberta will separate from Canada. Rather, it empowers the Provincial government, for the first time, to negotiate the terms of a new relationship with Canada. It is anticipated that this referendum could occur as early as October 2025. This is an exciting time for the Alberta Prosperity Project and an excellent opportunity to secure a successful referendum and restructure Alberta’s relationship with Canada, to protect our freedoms, prosperity, and sovereignty.
As a key leader on the campaign team, the Campaign Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of the campaign and successful implementation of the campaign plan. They must be able to organize the campaign to facilitate effective, efficient, and rapid decision-making.
They also work with other professionals, such as consultants and advisors, to write campaign plans, hire and manage core team members, and make tactical decisions throughout the campaign. The Campaign Manager must maintain a clear commitment to maintaining and expanding the movement for Alberta sovereignty, to influence a majority of Albertans to support “using the tool of an Alberta sovereignty referendum”.
To Be Determined
This is a limited duration position. We are seeking a Campaign Manager for our Referendum Vote throughout the province based on the Citizen’s Initiative Act.
• Attention to detail, have strong organizational skills and able to multitask;
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
• Great communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment;
• Ability to work effectively and tactfully with the public;
• Experience with political campaigns, in a paid or volunteer capacity, preferred;
• Able to work long hours, sometimes including nights and weekends, in which many efforts are underway all at once; and
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Campaign Plan: Work with the Central Team to draft and implement a winning campaign plan that outlines the campaign efforts through The Referendum vote, including fundraising, canvassing, phone banking, volunteer recruitment, local area outreach and media relations.
• Campaign Management: Manage the campaign time by scheduling times for canvassing, fundraising calls, lobby calls and endorsement interviews. Keep the campaign on schedule and volunteers on task. Always make sure all parties of the organization have the preparation and information needed to succeed in their individual roles.
• Fundraising Plan: Draft and implement a fundraising plan that relies on direct mail solicitations, phone calls, political action committee donations, and fundraising events. Staff the campaign during fundraising calls and at events.
• Volunteer Recruitment and Management: Using the organization’s contacts and local connections, recruit, train and manage campaign volunteers. Secure commitments throughout the campaign and assign relevant tasks.
• Field Planning and Executing: Work with Central Team to draft and implement a field plan that ensures the campaign meets ambitious voter contact goals.
• Communications: In consultation with Central Team, serve as the campaign contact for local and provincial media. Coordinate with Central Team and consultants to draft press releases when appropriate and be prepared for press opportunities. In coordination with Central Team and consultants, maintain the campaign’s social media platforms and website.
• Contribution and Expenditure Tracking: Work with the Vice President of Finance to establish and maintain accurate records of bank account, contributions and expenditures, and assist the VP of Finance with contribution and expenditure report filings when needed.
How to Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Chris Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Campaign Manager Application” in the subject line.
We know there are great candidates who won’t fit everything we’ve described above, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are dedicated to constantly improving our team.
We are committed to fostering a team that is safe, inclusive, equitable, and free from harassment and discrimination.
About The Alberta Prosperity Project:
The Alberta Prosperity Project is an inspiring initiative to unite all Albertans, businesses, and organizations to protect their interests, freedoms and rights, prosperity, and self-determination by the only means possible, which is to enable Alberta to chart a new path forward unconstrained by the consistent unfair treatment of Alberta within Confederation.
The road to freedom and prosperity is through independence.